MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 11:00 a.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
Print-friendly PDF version
- October 8—Gregor Rehder, Professor of Marine Chemistry, Leibniz Institute for Baltic Sea Research
Controls on methane cycling in the Baltic Sea
- October 22—Cara Wilson, Research Scientist, NOAA Fisheries Service/Southwest Fisheries Science Center
Southern right whale calf mortality at Peninsula Valdes, Argentina - are harmful algal blooms responsible?
- Seminar - 11:00 a.m.
October 29—John Pohlman, Research Geochemist, U.S. Geological Survey—Gas Hydrates Research Project
The marvels of methane: clathrates, climate, caves, and cold seeps
- Thursday Seminar - 11:00 a.m.
November 20—John Kessler, Associate Professor, University of Rochester
Someday we'll find it; the methane-climate connection
- December 17—Steven and Mary Albert, Filmmakers
The Great Tidepool: The Story of Ed Ricketts' Scientific System
* All seminars are at 11:00 a.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.