MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 11:00 a.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
Print-friendly PDF version
- April 1—Marilou Sison-Mangus, University
of California, Santa Cruz
Dissecting the complex interactions of marine bacteria and phytoplankton: A microbiota approach
- April 8—Maria Kavanaugh, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Dynamic seascapes: A framework for scaling pelagic biogeochemistry and ecology
- April 22—Ted Cranford and Peter Krysl, San Diego State University / University of California, San Diego
Virtual model of a baleen whale: Constructing mysticete audiograms
- May 13—Brendan Kelly, Monterey Bay Aquarium
Can science keep up with a rapidly changing marine ecosystem? Arctic Ocean and climate change
- May 20—Benjamin Van Mooy, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
New insights on the chemical forms and cycling of phosphorous in oliogotrophic environments
* All seminars are at 11:00 a.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.