MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
- April 3 — Julie Robidart, Ph.D., University of California, Santa Cruz From the "mouths" of microbes: Novel approaches to resolve the ecological complexity of marine microbial communities
- April 24 — Nathaniel Fairfield, Ph.D., Google Self-driving cars
- May 8 — Mario Rebolledo-Vieyra, Ph.D., University of California, Santa Cruz Investigations of the Chicxulub Impact crater: past, present, future and some controversy…
- May 29 — Igor Belkin, Ph.D., Graduate School of Oceanography, University of Rhode Island Satellite oceanography of fronts: A review
- June 12 — Jim Eckman, Ph.D., University of California San Diego, Scripps Institution of Oceanography Talk TBD
- June 19 — Anela Choy, University of Hawaii, Department of Oceanography Open ocean food web connectivity: Insights from combined perspectives
- June 26 — Emily Carrington, Ph.D., University of Washington Talk TBD
* All seminars are at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.
The seminar schedule is subject to change.
Visit this web page for the latest information.