MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 11:00 a.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
Print-friendly PDF version
- July 8—Emma Hickerson, Ifremer, France
Exploring spectacular reefs and banks in the Northwestern Gulf of Mexico
- July 15—Christina Swanson, Natural Resources Defense Council
Fish tales: Ontogeny of a scientist advocate
- July 22—Sophie Arnaud-Haond, Ifremer, France
Cold Water Coral Reefs along European margins: "hidden players", history, and connectivity
- July 30—Caitlin Schrein, National Science Foundation
Talk the talk: Effective science communication and why it matters (to everyone)
- August 5—Alison Haupt, California State University, Monterey Bay
Are cumulative impact indices an appropriate metric for California Current ecosystems?
- August 11—Yanwu Zhang, Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
Targeted sampling by autonomous underwater vehicles
- August 12—19th Annual MBARI Intern Symposium
Schedule of talks
- August 14—Mathieu Kemp, Persistent Machines
Autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) persistence at extreme depths
- August 26—Jon Havenhand, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Down the rabbit hole: cautionary tales of an ocean acidification researcher
- August 31—Noel Du Toit, Naval Postgraduate School
Putting autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs) to work: enabling close proximity AUV operations
- September 9—Charles Dusenbury
Roman maritime: Commerce and combat
For next month's seminars: Fall Seminars
* All seminars are at 11:00 a.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.