MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
- January 8—Joe Burnett, Lead Biologist,
Current status of reintroduced California Condors in Central California
- January 15—Kevin Boswell, Ph.D., Florida International University,
Evaluating fine-scale nekton dynamics in shallow-estuarine ecosystems using multi-beam acoustics
- February 5—Jarred Swalwell, Senior Research Scientist, University of Washington
SeaFlow - a census for the very small
- February 19—Dale Chayes, Research Engineer, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University
Airborne seawater sampling through Arctic sea ice
* All seminars are at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.
The seminar schedule is subject to change.
Visit this web page for the latest information.