In the first year of the CANON Initiative, one goal was to integrate data and information management systems to provide uniform access to data from various sources. The ongoing efforts at MBARI include:
- a project to organize and visualize MBARI upper-water-column oceanographic data;
- data systems and collaborative tools developed initially for multi-platform experiments in Monterey Bay;
- development of the decision support system;
- data management and communications systems developed by our close partner, the Central and Northern California Coastal Ocean Observing System, a regional association that is part of the U.S. Integrated Ocean Observing Systems;
- emerging genomic data management systems.