Downloading query returns
Query returns can be saved as a text file and then used in Excel spreadsheets or in GIS .
Save the query returns as a text file
- Click on the Save button in the upper left corner of the query return window.
- Browse to the location where the the file is to be saved.
- Enter the filename, followed by .txt, and select Save.
Import the file into an Excel spreadsheet
- In Excel, open a new blank worksheet: (Excel usually opens with a blank worksheet. If not, select File>New and then select Blank workbook in the New Workbook panel.)
- Select File >Open, navigate to the saved .txt file, and select it. (All Files or .txt files must be selected in the Files of type: window .) The Text Import Wizard will open.
- In Step 1 of 3, check Delimited to create columns designated by spaces or tabs. In Start import at row:, enter the number of the row where you want to begin saving data. Data columns start at row 10, which has the column headers. Click Next.
- In Step 2 of 3, check Tab only and click Next.
- In Step 3 of 3, check General, and click Finish