Core CTD data—MDUC
Project Manager: Doug Conlin
Lead Scientist: Dave Caress
CTD data collected using MBARI ROV, underway, and profiler CTD systems have been designated as core data streams. Support for the maintenance, operation, calibration, and configuration of the instruments, electronics, and related support hardware, as well as support for the processing and archiving of the data, is provided on an institutional basis rather than through individual projects or divisional budgets.
The primary elements of the project are:
- Operations of MBARI CTD vertical profilers and underway mapping systems.
- Maintenance, configuration and calibration of MBARI CTD instrumentation and associated hardware.
- Maintenance of accuracy and reliability required for core CTD data.
- Data processing, archiving, and dissemination through the Biological Ocean Group (BOG) database.
- Data validation with monthly status reports to the MBARI Data Users Committee (MDUC).