Joint projects committee
Project Manager & Lead Scientist: George Matsumoto
Lead Engineer: John Graybeal
The Joint Projects Committee endeavors encompass an ongoing and long-term project involving close collaborations between the two sister institutions. This particular proposal is written to reflect the resource needs for 2005. George Matsumoto and Randy Kochevar are the primary liaisons for each institution. There are a number of projects in 2005 that include:
- The continued development of the Education And Research: Testing Hypotheses (EARTH) near-real-time workshops
- The MBARI - MBA kiosk development
- The update and revision of the Exploring Monterey Canyon program
- Continued husbandry research and development
- Ship time, as available, and media coordination with aquarium public relations staff for national television coverage of aquarium and MBARI projects.
As always, staff from both institutions provide their time and expertise to each other for content, media and PR, presentations, and other topics that may arise during the year.