MB-System 5.7.5 Now Available (26 June 2019)
- This is now the current release of MB-System.
- This version requires GMT 5.4 or later.
- For more information read the MB-System 5.7.5 ChangeLog file
- The MB-System 5.7.5 source distribution is available for download
- The MB-System GitHub source code repository can also be accessed directly at:
- The MB-System 5.7.5 release includes support for two major new multibeam data formats: Teledyne s7k version 3 and Kongsberg kmall.
- The Teledyne s7k version 3 format is supported with format id 89. These data are produced by recent and current Reson, Hydrosweep, and Blueview multibeam sonars. R2sonic multibeams can also output data in s7k format.
- The Kongsberg kmall format is output by the current generation of Kongsberg multibeam sonars, including the EM2040, EM712, EM304, and EM124. Bathymetry recalculation by raytracing is not fully functional yet, but all other aspects of processing (bathymetry editing, navigation editing or adjustment, backscatter correction and filtering) are functional.
MB-System Source Code Repository Moved to GitHub (17 December 2018)
- As of December 2018, the core MB-System development team has moved the MB-System source code repository to GitHub:
- The entire repository, or individual files, can be downloaded through the GitHub web interface.
- Problems, suggestions, and questions should continue to be posted to the MB-System discussions lists at:
MB-System packaging in Homebrew for MacOs updated (31 October 2017)
- MB-System is now available for Homebrew installation on MacOs through a frequently updated tap maintained directly by the MB-System development team at:
- MB-System has been removed from the homebrew-science tap so that there is no conflict between taps.
- Instructions are available in the
“How to Download and Install MB-System” page.