March 7-8, 2002
Education and Real-Time Data Workshop: Where should the two meet?
*Charge for second breakout
"We don�t want to add curriculum to teacher�s workload, we want to facilitate teaching with technology"
- "Pull" is better than "Push"
- Use of 'packaged' data is good (archived data)
- Access to 'raw' data is good either now or later
- Data intervals
- Provide access to data in varying increments (hours, days, weeks, months)
- Case Studies
- "Publish" student work
- Discussions with and between peers/professionals
- Ability to submit proposals
- Tools to interact with
Thoughts from each of the different breakout groupsGeostationary Operational Environmental Satellites).
GOES satellites are built by NASA and operated by NOAA. EARTH logo designed by Jennifer Trask, 2003