Lesson Plan Development
- National Science Standards—Content Standards
- Standards Excel spreadsheet
- AAAS Benchmarks—Project 2061
- Ocean Literacy—Understanding of the Ocean’s influence on you and your influence on the Ocean
- Ocean Literacy Essential Principles
- Carolina Biological—Correlations to Educational Standards
- Rubistar—a free tool to help teachers create quality rubrics
- Cornell Notes—http://coe.jmu.edu/LearningToolbox/cornellnotes1.html
- Wikimedia Commons (great source for images)
- Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI)
Focuses on the science, technology, education and outreach of an emerging network of science driven ocean observing systems.
- U.S. Integrated Ocean Observing System (IOOS)
National office for integrated and sustaineed ocean observations that includes eleven regional centers.
- Global Ocean Observing System (GOOS)
A permanent global system for observations, modelling and analysis of marine and ocean variables to support operational ocean services worldwide.
- Gulf of Maine Ocean Observing System (GoMOOS)
Delivering information to solve problems, predict events and better understand the Gulf of Maine.
- Pacific Coast Ocean Observing System (PaCOOS)
Providing ocean information for the sustained use of the California Current Large Marine Ecosystem under a changing climate.
- CORMP—Coastal Ocean Research and Monitoring Program
- Cape Fear River Basin Monitoring Coalition's Water Quality Data
- Neuse River Estuary Modeling and Monitoring Project (ModMon)
- North Carolina Coastal Ocean Observing System (NCCOOS)
- Carolinas RCOOS—Regional Coastal Ocean Observing System
- Army Corps of Engineers—Field Research Facility