Manufacturing Group Leader
Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
7700 Sandholdt Road
Moss Landing, CA 95039
Phone: (831) 775-1796
Jose came to MBARI in 2003 as an Electronic Technician, and in 2022 was promoted to Manufacturing Group Leader. He leads a small group of immensely talented individuals that contribute electrically and mechanically during the design, manufacturing, and deployment stages of a project.
Work includes but is not limited to the following:
· Managing group schedule and tasks,
· Maintain lab parts/equipment stock and community lab stations,
· Prototyping, testing, modification, maintenance, and repair of board level to system level electronics using various tools and instruments,
· E-CAD software administrator and Layout/Schematic symbol librarian,
· Custom cable and wire harness fabrication,
· PCB design and 3D modeling,
· System wiring and assembly,
· Fiber-optic splicing and termination,
· Battery pack assembly,
· PCB fabrication, assembly, and parts procurement,
· Fabrication of housings and mounting brackets.
B.S. EET from DeVry Institute in Fremont
Outside of work…
Hobbies and interests:
· Indoor and outdoor target archery.
· Portrait and landscape photography.
· Attending all kinds of sporting events and concerts.
· Spending time with his family.