||Saturday, January 6, 2018
||Christensen Professional Library, Flagstaff, AZ
||PK-12th grade formal and informal educators
||Ocean related science, Data driven science, Marine mammal polar studies
||By participating in this workshop, you will:
- Learn about MBARI EARTH, Polar Sciences, marine mammal research
- Collaboratively create an electronic lesson plan and network with other professional educators.
- Meet and work with a polar (Antarctic) scientist who is actively conducting marine mammal research
- Learn how to utilize MBARI EARTH modules that relate to Polar Science
||The purpose of the workshop is to:
- Educate, excite, and engage educators with the concept of designing new marine mammal animal sensors to collect data.
- Develop curricula enabling teachers and students to utilize near-real-time data: marine mammal emphasis
- Increase scientific literacy and knowledge about ocean, marine mammals and polar science