University of Montana campus
- Andrea visited Washington D.C. in December to participate in the OCB Synthesis and Intercomparison of Ocean Carbon Uptake in CMIP6 Models Workshop and gave a talk entitled Sensitivity of the ocean carbon sink to natural and anthropogenic carbon cycle interactions. She also gave a talk at AGU entitled A Modified Marine Carbon Cycle Under RCP8.5: Implications for Ocean Carbon Storage.
- Andrea visited the University of Montana and gave a department seminar entitled: Chemical feedbacks in the climate system: A modified marine carbon cycle under business-as-usual carbon dioxide emissions
- A new paper describing asymmetries in surface ocean pCO2 and pH seasonal cycle amplification under RCP8.5 and what it could mean for future ocean carbon uptake is now published in final form here. The accompanying commentary by Ryan Woosley can be found here.
- Andrea and Stu Bishop (NCSU) gave an invited webinar to the US CLIVAR Interagency Group on the recommendations for carbon cycle research in Western Boundary Current regions resulting from the 2017 Ocean Carbon Hot Spots Workshop at MBARI.
- Jacqueline Long was honored with the Sackett Prize for her excellent Master’s researcher completed in the College of Marine Sciences at the University of South Florida. While in Florida, Jacki gave a department seminar entitled: Working toward a global PIC-ture of the biological carbon pump.