Information Systems Technician
This position performs primary end-user support (help desk) duties, as well as standard configuration, installation, maintenance, upgrades and repair for PC and Mac workstations and laptops and associated hardware and software throughout MBARI in support of the researchers, engineers, systems administrators, and other users. This includes computers of varying configurations, network and local printers and plotters, and other peripherals. In addition, this position provides hardware and physical infrastructure support to the server rooms on shore and ships, including equipment rack mounting; UPS maintenance; cable installation, dressing and labeling; dust abatement, etc.
- Accepts, categorizes, assigns, and resolves user help requests (help desk), including hardware and software usage and troubleshooting questions.
- Performs standard configuration, installation, maintenance, upgrade and repair of PC and Macintosh systems and software; troubleshoots and debugs to the board/component level in an accurate manner. Performs installation of operating systems on PCs and Macs during system configuration.
- Facilitates the end-user laptop/workstation upgrade process. Provides information to division heads regarding current employee equipment from I.S. records to allow them to determine which employees should receive upgrades, and purchases equipment for those upgrades as well as general computer equipment, supplies, and software needed by I.S.
- Maintains systems inventory of hardware and software configurations, serial numbers and physical locations.
- Tracks inventory of certain desktop software licenses issued.
- Installs and removes rack mounted equipment in server rooms in coordination with system administrators, including cable installation, dressing and labeling.
- Maintains UPS units in server rooms, replacing batteries and rebuilding battery sleds as needed.
- Cleans dust and debris accumulation in server internals as needed (on the ships)
- Maintains inventory of networked printer consumables and supplies, replacing exhausted consumables in the printers as needed.
- Recommends, as necessary, improvements in equipment and/or procedures.
- Ensures professional working relations with co-workers and customers.
- May be required to go to sea for specified periods.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Associates Degree in electronics or equivalent and 5-8 years demonstrated success as a technician required. Proficient with a variety of computers, software, and network fundamentals; proven ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs as necessary. Must have excellent communication, problem-solving, and customer service skills. Must be able to work independently, as well as with a team. Proven ability to work with diverse groups of people is required.
MBARI, Human Resources
Job Code: IS-Tech
7700 Sandholdt Road
Moss Landing, CA 95039
Submit your cover letter and resume by e-mail to email@example.com, or by mail to the above address, or by fax to (831) 775-1620.
MBARI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
MBARI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. MBARI considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or covered veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
MBARI Welcomes Diversity