Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute’s engineering department is offering rare opportunities to collaborate with leading ocean researchers in shaping the future of ocean technology at our state-of-the-art facilities in Moss Landing, CA. Successful recruits will join motivated, multi-disciplinary teams to advance the field of ocean science through the design, manufacturing, and support of new ocean-observing assets, including vehicles, instruments, energy systems, data systems and more. Reporting to the EE Group Lead, this position is responsible for all aspects of the development of electrical systems, starting at the concept level and carrying through to the deployment of a tested and capable instrument or platform.
- B.S.E.E. or equivalent plus five years demonstrated success in the area of electronic system design
- A proven track record of bringing designs to completion on time and as scoped
- Ability to implement a complete system design including interconnect wiring, design documentation, integration and test plans
- Ability to provide excellent service and support in a multitasking work environment
- Excellent interpersonal, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Familiarity with SPICE and PCB layout software such as OrCAD or Altium
- Experience with simulation and debugging of microprocessor circuits and power electronics
- Skill in the application of low-power, high-performance microprocessors
- Experience with RF communications and EMI suppression
- Ability and willingness to go to sea for specified periods of time
- Experience with any of the following is also a plus: Python, C, C++, or LabView programming
We are currently accepting applications for this position, which will remain open until filled. MBARI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package consistent with peer positions at other non-profit and academic institutions.
MBARI, Human Resources
Job Code: EE
7700 Sandholdt Road
Moss Landing, CA 95039
Submit your cover letter and resume by e-mail to: EngineeringCareers@mbari.org, or by mail to the above address, or by fax to (831) 775-1620.
MBARI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. MBARI considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or covered veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
MBARI Welcomes Diversity