ROV Ventana control system upgrade.
- Length: 10′
- Width: 5′ 6″
- Height: 7′ 3″
- Structure and ballast
- Core vehicle dry weight: 2,567 kg. (5,660 lbs.)
- Core vehicle with benthic sled is typically 7450 lbs.
- Core vehicle with midwater sled:
- Heaviest configuration: 8225 lbs.
- Lightest configuration: 7450 lbs.
- Configurable ballast combined with benthic sled:
- 850 lbs.
- 80 lbs. variable buoyancy, expandable to 380 lbs.
- Power (hotel): 8 kW
- Lighting: 3.4 kW
- System: 1.1 kW
- Science: 3.5 kW
- Hydraulic power: 3000 psi
50 hp Franklin electric motor (2300 VAC)
Rexroth A10-25 hydraulic pump
- Thrusters (six):
Two Rexroth A2F with ISE nozzles
Four Volvo F11-10 with ISE nozzles
- Servo manifolds:
- MOOG -78 series 25gpm (thrusters and 1 auxiliary) 5 station
- MOOG -30 series 1.8gpm (camera control) & 2 MOOG -32 series 6gpm (spares) 5 station
- Hydraulic valve manifolds (two 8-station, 3-position 4-way)
- Two manipulators: Schilling T4 7-function with camera, Schilling/Oceaneering Hybrid Atlas 7-function
- Umbilical cable: 2300 m
- Three # 12 gage conductors for hydraulics
- Four # 16 gage conductors for vehicle hotel
- Four single-mode fibers, vehicle, HD video, ethernet, spare
- Custom hardware and software developed at MBARI and Greensea Systems, Inc. Communication is achieved by use of local area network (LAN), multiplexed serial port technology, and analog interface.
- Focal 903 digital multiplexer, 21 RS232 serial, 5 RS485 serial
- Altimeter: Kongsberg 1007D, 100 meter range
- Depth Sensor: Paroscientific 8B2000
- Octans Fiber Optic Gyro (FOG) motion sensor with six degrees of freedom in custom 2000m titanium housing
- ROV INS – Sonardyne Sprint 505 with real time aiding including : Speed of Sound, Depth, RDI DVL, USBL, and 1 PPS subsea synchronized with GPS
- RDI Workhouse Doppler Velocity Log (DVL) with system integrated stationkeeping and video mosaicing, 1200 Khz.
- USBL Sonardyne Ranger 2 V 6.0 with pole mounted Lodestar AHRS, HPT head and Laser surveyed CASIUS corrected offsets, 4000 m capable.
- USBL Ranger 1 with GDT head for older HPR beacons and Sonardyne Homer tracking capability from ship.
- ROV to ship beacons: Sonardyne WMT 6G and Applied Acoustic HPR – both in responder or transponder mode selectable from surface.
- ROV to subsea targets using Sonardyne homer tracking system, 400 m range line of sight.
- Sonardyne WMT beacon / AA 935 beacon (backup)
- 6 DSPL HMI lamps, 400 watts, custom upgrade with Schiederwerk ballasts/ignitors
- Two core vehicle lamps on ROS accupositioner Pan/Tilt units
- Two Midwater sled lamps on ROS PT-10 Pan/Tilt units
- 2x DSPL L.E.D. Lamps 250 watts
- Mesotech MS1000, 675 kHz high resolution head or 330 kHz standard head
- USBL (ship to ROV beacon), Sonardyne Ranger 2 software with laser measured offsets and Casius calibration
- Tritech – Gemini 720is Multibeam Imaging Sonar 720kHz
- One Ikegama HDL-57 60p camera with HA10X5.2 Fujinon zoom lens
- Six Insight Orion zoom cameras with integrated pilot control
- Extron 30 X 30 Video Switch (ROV control room)
- Secondary HD 1080i 60 camera capability using Seacon MINL 3G standard interface typically with Insite Pacific Micro Zeus camera and dual serial port control.
- VARS Video Annotation System with realtime annotation and up to 4K frame grab capabilities
- M3RS video recording system:
- MacOS/MacPro rack mount system
- Movie Recorder software with 3 feed capabilities
- Records video formats up to 4K resolution using DeckLink 8K Pro capture cards
- Records master (ProRes) and mezzanine (H.264) formats simultaneously to Thunderbolt 3 RAID at up to 40Mbps
- Additional software allows for pilot monitoring, automated dive number entry, automated nightly backups, and more
- Video recordings are time-synced with shipboard UTC time server
- Scientific CTD package
- depth, temperature, salinity: SBE 19plus V2
- dissolved O2 via SBE 43
- transmissometer, WET Labs CSTAR
- spare channel or fluorometer, WET Labs
- Harbor Branch spatial lasers, custom electronic boards
- 2 parallel, 9″ spacing
- 1 crossing
- 1 splitter, 1″ spacing
- Gigabit ethernet high speed port + 120 vac @ 5 amps
- 10/100 Base-T Ethernet port + 120 vac power @ 5 amps
- Three dedicated high speed serial ports for science, with 12 and 24 VDC, and NTSC video available
- “MARS like” interface port to simulate subsea MARS ports
Swing Arm Interface Drawing