Research Vessel Paragon
Preparing for a cruise
- Cruise plan
- A cruise plan must be submitted prior to departure.
- Plan must identify an operator and a shore contact.
- The maximum load is 8 people.
- Visitor release
- Required for participants who are not MBARI staff.
Sign Up Procedure
- MBARI employees may check for vessel availability on the ship’s calendar in Zimbra.
- Only DMO administration and Figurski can edit the Zimbra Paragon calendar.
- R/V Paragon operators.
- Contact Michael Kelly or Jared Figurski with any operator questions or comments.
- Cruises that exceed the allowable area, or time of operation (see section V of Operator manual link below) require special permission from the Division of Marine Operations (DMO).
- For cruises that require special permissions, it is recommended that the cruise plan be submitted 15 business days in advance.