Front Desk Administrative Assistant
This position provides administrative, clerical, website, and database support to the Information and Technology Dissemination Division.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Front desk reception: answer telephones; greet and direct visitors; maintain positive working relations and excellent communications with staff and visitors.
- Divisional administrative tasks: maintain institutional phone list; assist with institute mailings; manage photo ID system. Provide editorial support (proofread documents, collect/organize content). Provide scheduling assistance and document organization on a variety of projects.
- Assist with database entry and maintenance tasks: organize/input intern application data; enter requests into the pressroom database.
- Provide website support: post documents, such as cruise logs and images, to the web; assist staff with locating and preparing web content.
- Provide backup to the Administrator/Assistant to the President: compile weekly staff newsletter and perform accounting-related tasks (as needed).
- Events and meetings: Coordinate events and meetings including the seminar series, service awards, and the annual photo contest. Provide support for the annual MBARI Open House (mailing lists, order supplies).
This position requires both flexibility and attention to detail. The incumbent may have to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and will sometimes be given assignments requiring quick turnaround. The incumbent will be expected to work on projects that are semi-routine in nature, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Needs to be a customer-service, team-oriented person who is professional in manner. Must be able to handle confidential information in an appropriate manner and be able to work with diverse groups of people.
The ability to operate general office equipment is required, as well as, proficiency in basic computer skills, such as word processing and email.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred. Experience with web page maintenance and databases is highly desirable. Experience with website maintenance and with programs, such as Dreamweaver, WordPress, Excel, Photoshop, and InDesign, is also desirable.
In your cover letter, please describe your skills, as well as your interest in joining the team at MBARI.
MBARI, Human Resources
Job Code: AA-ITD
7700 Sandholdt Road
Moss Landing, CA 95039
Submit your cover letter and resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to the above address, or by fax to (831) 775-1620.
MBARI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
MBARI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. MBARI considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or covered veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
MBARI Welcomes Diversity