2020 MBARI Summer Internship Program
Open to undergraduate and graduate students and educators. The program is open to international participants but you will be required to obtain a valid work visa for the US and MBARI cannot be a sponsor for this visa.
June 8 – August 14, 2020
STIPEND AND HOUSING:
$600/week for 10 weeks; partial travel support may be available.
Housing costs are not included; however, MBARI will try to help arrange shared housing for all interested interns.
- The application process is now open.
- Applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, and a completed online supplemental information form
- If letters of recommendation are being sent to us directly from the author, please ask the author to include your name in the subject line (e.g., Smith, Jane: Letter of recommendation).
- The cover letter should include a statement of your specific research interests, complete contact information, relevant coursework, and grades received. Potential project descriptions are posted and applicants MUST indicate their project preference(s) in the cover letter.
- Application materials (including letters of recommendation) should be emailed to email@example.com.
- All emails should have a subject line of “Last name, First name: Documents” (e.g., Smith, Jane: CV and cover letter).
- All application materials, including cover letters, should be sent as attachments to the email and not in the body of the email. PDF documents are preferred, though we will accept other formats.
- Deadline: All materials must be received by February 21, 2020 (0800 hours PST).
- Selected candidates will be contacted by mid-March. Interns must be at least 18 years old by June 7, 2020.
- If you do not have access to email, materials can be submitted via fax (831) 775-1620, or mailed to:
ATTN: George Matsumoto
7700 Sandholdt Road
Moss Landing, CA 95039
- General internship information
- Email: George Matsumoto, firstname.lastname@example.org