MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
Print-friendly PDF version
- June 18—Francine Berman, Chair, Research Data Alliance, and Edward P. Hamilton Distinguished Professor in Computer Science, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Got data? Maximizing the potential of data-driven research
- June 25—John Dunne, Oceanographer, NOAA/GFDL
Carbon, climate, and ecosystem change in GFDL's earth system models
- Special Thursday Seminar
- July 10—Kelly Benoit-Bird, Professor, Oregon State University
Sounding out the secrets of life in the ocean
- July 23—Jonathan Stark and Glenn Johnstone, Australian Government, Department of the Environment, Australian Antcarctic Division
antFOCE Under the Ice: Investigating Ocean Acidification in Antarctica
- August 6—Oscar Schofield, Professor/Chair, Department of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University
Changing ecosystems in a rapidly warming Southern Ocean
- September 10—Peter Lopez, Director, OCS Flow Cytometry, NYU Langone Medical Center
Flow Cytometry - technology review and state of the art
* All seminars are at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.
The seminar schedule is subject to change.
Visit this web page for the latest information.