MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
Print-friendly PDF version
- September 10—Peter Lopez, Director, OCS Flow Cytometry, NYU Langone Medical Center
Flow Cytometry - technology review and state of the art
- Thursday Seminar @ 10:00 a.m. September 18—Todd Martz, Assistant Professor, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California, San Diego
Autonomous Sensors for the CO2 system
- September 24—William Chadwick, Research Professor, Oregon State University
Forecasting eruptions at a submarine volcano offshore Oregon
- 2014 David Packard Distinguished Lecturer
Antje Boetius, Ph.D., Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research
The future of the Arctic Ocean: scientific and technological challenges in the 4-D exploration of ice-covered deep seas
- October 1—Melissa Garren, Postdoctoral Researcher, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The sea we rarely see: Connecting microscale processes to ecosystem function
* All seminars are at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.
The seminar schedule is subject to change.
Visit this web page for the latest information.