MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 11:00 a.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
Print-friendly PDF version
- May 20—Benjamin Van Mooy, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
New insights on the chemical forms and cycling of phosphorous in oligotrophic environments
- June 3—Kathy Dunlop, Postdoctoral Fellow
Improving links in the biological carbon pump:
Combining time series observations, autonomous technology, and ecosystem modeling
- June 10—Jay Harman, PAX Scientific, Inc.
Biomimicry the next big thing: How nature is inspiring innovation
- June 24—Brent Hughes, Long Marine Lab, University of California, Santa Cruz
Food web, stability, and functioning of coastal ecosystems under multiple anthropogenic threats
* All seminars are at 11:00 a.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.