MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
Print-friendly PDF version
- April 9—Ivan Amato, Writer/Founder - D.C. Science Café
Science Cafés— a defiantly live channel of science communication
- April 16—Andrew Thaler, Deep-sea Ecologist and Conservation Geneticist
Building a low-cost, open-source CTD for science and outreach
- April 30—Caren Braby, Marine Resources Program Manger
Seeking common ground in science and governance in Oregon
- May 7—Holly Bik, Postdoctural Researcher University of California, Davis
Environmental sequencing approaches for benthic microbial eukaryotes
* All seminars are at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.
The seminar schedule is subject to change.
Visit this web page for the latest information.