MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 11:00 a.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
Print-friendly PDF version
- October 7—Leif Thomas, Stanford University
Mixing at the Gyre Boundary: Turbulence in the Gulf Stream
- October 14—Brent Hughes, Long Marine Lab, University of California, Santa Cruz
Food webs, stability, and functioning of the coastal ecosystems under multiple anthropogenic threats
- October 21—Andrea Fassbender, University Corporation for Atmospheric Research and NOAA Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory
New approaches to study the marine carbon cycle
- October 28—Steve Steinberg, Southern California Coastal Water Research Project
A high quality portable cellphone-based microscope and mobile data collection technologies for field data collections
- November 18—Chris Wilmers, University of California, Santa Cruz
The seminar schedule is subject to change. Visit this web page for the latest information.