MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
- July 18 — Mary Silver, Ph.D., University of California, Santa Cruz Historical knowledge of phytoplankton toxins.
- July 25 — Jeffrey Drazen, Ph.D., University of Hawaii, Manoa Vertical connectivity in deep-sea food webs
- August 8 — Jeffrey Baguley, Ph.D., University of Nevada Deep-sea benthos response to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill
- August 15 — MBARI Summer Intern Symposium All day event
- September 12 — Steven Morgan, Ph.D., Bodega Marine Laboratory, UC Davis What's limiting larval recruitment along our coast?
- September 26 — Edith Widder, Ph.D., Ocean Research & Conservation Association Experimental studies on the attractiveness of bioluminescent burglar alarms.
* All seminars are at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.
The seminar schedule is subject to change.
Visit this web page for the latest information.