Spring 2012 Seminars
April, May, June
- April 4 — Steve Rock, Ph.D., Stanford University Terrain relative navigation in Monterey Bay... and beyond.
- April 18 — Stephen Giovannoni, Ph.D., Oregon State University The need for strategic changes in metrics of microbial diversity.
- May 16 — Scott Hamilton, Ph.D., Moss Landing Marine Labs Using biogeography to inform fisheries management and conservation.
- May 30 — Marc Mangel, Ph.D., University of California, Santa Cruz The evolutionary ecology of offspring number and investment
- June 13 — Victoria Orphan, Ph.D., California Institute of Technology Role of methane-consuming microbial symbiosis in nutrient cycling and trophic structuring of cold seep sediment and carbonate ecosystems in the deep sea
- June 20 — Joseph P. Allen, Ph.D., Argotyche, Inc. Reflections from the Edge of the Earth