MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
- October 3 — Matthew Hare, Ph.D., Cornell University Mechanisms maintaining sharp genetic clines in marine species with long-lived larvae.
- October 17 — Russ Andrews, Ph.D., Alaska SeaLife Center/University of Alaska, Fairbanks Diving into the abyss (virtually) with marine mammals.
- November 7 — Rusty Rodriguez, Ph.D., Western Fisheries Research Center Symbiotic associations and the adaptive potential of biological systems.
- 2012 David Packard Distinguished Lecturer
November 28 — Dana Yoerger, Ph.D., Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Technology for Scientific Deep Sea Exploration: Where have we been, where are we now, and where are we going?
* All seminars are at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.
The seminar schedule is subject to change.
Visit this web page for the latest information.