MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
- July 13 — Chris Perle, Hopkins Marine Station, Stanford University The atmospheric influence on top predator movement dynamics in the Northeast Pacific Ocean.
- August 10 — AnnMarie Thomas, University of St. Thomas Playfully engineering education.
- August 17 — MBARI Summer Intern Symposium All Day Event
- September 7 — Philip Barnes, Ph.D., National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research (NIWA), New Zealand
Methods for deriving submarine paleoearthquake records using high-resolution seismic reflection data: examples from New Zealand.
- September 14 — Tom Richards, Ph.D., Natural History Museum London
Aquatic fungi: diversity and evolution from the deep sea to the university pond.
- September 21 — Steffen Kiel, Ph.D., University of Göttingen, Germany
A deep-time perspective on the evolution of deep-sea chemosynthetic ecosystems.
* All seminars are at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.