April, May, June
MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
- April 6 — Martin Grosell, University of Miami, RSMAS Ocean acidification, piscine acid-base balance, and CaCO3 production.
- April 20 — James Lindholm, California State University, Monterey Bay
Behind the Green Curtain: Applied Research at the Interface of Science and Policy
- April 27 — Chris Welsh, Chief Pilot, Virgin Oceanic
Going Where Only Two Men Have Gone Before: Five Dives, Five Oceans, One Planet
- May 4 — Xavier Mayali, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Linking marine microbial identity and biogeochemistry using mass spectrometric analysis of microarrays.
- May 18 — Carl Wunsch, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Climate and Sea Level Change
David Packard Distinguished Lecturer
- June 1 — Peter Nelson, Collaborative Fisheries Research West
- June 15 — Megan Fuchs, Husch Blackwell LLP
Environmental Law 101: Key federal statutes and their impacts on marine and coastal environments.
- June 22 — Richard E. Young, University of Hawaii at Manoa
Cephalopod phylogeny, biodiversity and beaks.
* All seminars are at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.
Click here for a printable version (pdf) of this schedule.
The seminar schedule is subject to change.
Visit this web page for the latest information.