October, November, December
MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
- October 5 — Gregory Dudek, Ph.D., McGill University
Data collection using both human-in-the-loop and automated summarization on the Aqua
- October 12 — Kimberly Halsey, Ph.D., Oregon State University The "Z-scheme" of primary productivity.
- October 13 — Marine Technology Society and OceanGate Foundation present Exploring the world's ocean basins in manned submersibles.
- October 19 — Juan Carlos Herguera, Ph.D., Center for Scientific Research and Higher Education of Ensenada (CICESE), Mexico Hemispheric links of the southern California Current variability: the past millennium.
- November 16 — Chris Roman, Ph.D., University of Rhode Island, Graduate School of Oceanography High resolution seafloor mapping for marine geology and archeology.
* All seminars are at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.
Click here for a printable version (pdf) of this schedule.
The seminar schedule is subject to change.
Visit this web page for the latest information.