April, May, June
MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
- April 14 — Claire Paris, University of Miami From Individual Larval Migration to Population Connectivity: Modeling and Observations
- April 21 — Chuck Farwell, Monterey Bay Aquarium New Years in Japan 2010: Would YOU Pay $178,000 for a Single Tuna?
- May 12— Burke Hales,
Oregon State University
- May 19— Nitin Baliga,
Institute for Systems Biology
Predicting Consequences of Environmental Change on Biological Systems
- May 26 — William Stone,
ENDURANCE: Missions to Antarctica and Paths to Advanced Sub-Glacial Science Autonomy
- June 02 — Stefan W Vogel, Northern Illinois University Global Climate Change and Technological Challenges
- June 16 — Glenn Chen, Bureau of Indian Affairs Steelhead Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) on Prince Wales Island, Alaska: Ecological Characteristics & Management for Subsistence Fisheries
- June 23 — Crissy Huffard, Conservation International Indonesia Marine Conservation Science in West Papua: Technology, Transect, and Tradition
* All seminars are at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.
The seminar schedule is subject to change.
Visit this web page for the latest information.