MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
- July 8 — Scott McCreary, Ph.D. CONCUR
Mediated Negotiation and Joint Fact-Finding: Can They Help Propel Wise Marine Policy Decisions?
- July 15 — Lars Tomanek, Ph.D. Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, Environmental Proteomics Laboratory
The Proteomic Response of Marine Organisms to Oxidative, Heat, and Osmotic Stress
- July 22 — Eunsoo Kim, Ph.D. Dalhousie University, Center for Comparative Genomics & Evolutionary Biology
Exploring the Diversity of Novel, Uncultured Eukaryotic Microbes
- CANCELLED - TO BE RESCHEDULED
July 29 — Christopher Cogan, Ph.D.
California State University Channel Islands
Coastal Ecosystem Priorities: Realigning GIS and Biodiversity Theory for Management
- August 5 — Allen Andrews, Ph.D. Moss Landing Marine Laboratories
Lead-Radium and Bomb Radiocarbon Dating: Determination of Age, Growth and Lifespan of Marine Fishes and Invertebrates
- August 20 — 2009 Intern Symposium All Day - THURSDAY
- RESCHEDULED - October 14 Gary Geller, Ph.D.
NASA, Jet Propulsion Lab
* All seminars are at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.
The seminar schedule is subject to change.
Visit this web page for the latest information.