Summer Seminars 2007*
- July 11 - David Pawson, Ph.D., National Museum of Natural History,
A distant mirror: deep-sea research on the Albatross 100 years ago
- July 18 - Jan Witting, Ph.D., Sea Education Association
Undergraduate research and education in the high seas
- August 1 - Helena Solo-Gabriele, Ph.D.
University of Miami
Simultaneous concentration of bacteria, protozoans,
and viruses in marine waters using a dual layer filtration system
- August 23-11th Annual Intern Symposium
- August 29 - Ana Hilario, Ph.D., CESAM (Centro de Estudos do Ambiente e do Mar), Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal
BIG WORMS, small worms - Reproduction and Identity
- September 12 - Kamran Mohseni, Ph.D., Department of Aerospace Engineering Sciences,
University of Colorado, Boulder
Bio-inspired aerial and underwater vehicles for sensor networking
- September 19 - Felix Ingrand, LAAS (Laboratoire d'Analyse et d'Architecture des Systèmes), Toulouse, France
Service Robotics: Towards a More Robust and Dependable Software Architecture
- September 24 - Monday, 2 PM - Tony Koslow, Ph.D.
California Cooperative Oceanic Fisheries Investigations
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
The Silent Deep: the discovery, ecology and conservation of the deep sea
* All seminars are at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.
The seminar schedule is subject to change.
Visit this web page for the latest information.