MBARI seminars are usually held on Wednesdays (unless indicated otherwise) at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum and are open to the public. The seminars cover a wide range of topics related to deep-ocean research and engineering. Our speakers include top scientists and engineers from all over the world, as well as from MBARI.
MBARI is located at 7700 Sandholdt Road in Moss Landing, California.
Online directions are available from various Central California areas.
- October 10 - Christoph Waldmann, Ph.D.
University of Bremen/MARUM
The Status of the European Deep Sea Observatory Initiative
- October 30 - Tuesday -Mark Denny, Ph.D.
Conversations With Marco Polo: The Extraordinary Life of Gene Haderlie
- November 28 - David Caron, Ph.D.
University of Southern California
New Approaches and Insights Into Phytoplankton and Protozoan Ecology
- December 5 - David Packard Distingushed Lecturer- Donald Kennedy, Ph.D.
President Emeritus of Stanford University, Editor-in-Chief Science Magazine
What's Happening to Science?
- December 12 - Joaquim Goes, Ph.D.,
Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences
Shrinking Snow Caps and Increasing Phytoplankton - Is Global Warming Making the Arabian Sea More Productive?
- Postponed: New Date Wednesday April 16, 2008 - Karen Osborn, Ph.D
Scripps Institute of Oceanography
Pelagic Munnopsid Isopods: Phylogenetics, Ecology, and Evolution
* All seminars are at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.
The seminar schedule is subject to change.
Visit this web page for the latest information.