- January 6 (Thursday)–Chris
Teaching through robotics: Learning math, science, and engineering with LEGO bricks
- January 19–Felipe Galván Magaña, Ph.D., Centro
Interdisciplinario de Ciencias Marinas
Biological studies on sharks in Baja California Sur, Mexico
- January 26–Caren Braby, Ph.D., MBARI
Physiological stress and recruitment success: Invasion of California by the mussel Mytilus
- February 2–Robert M. Morris, Ph.D., Cornell
Marine bacterioplankton abundances and distributions
- February 4 (Friday,
Noon)–Oris Sanjur, Ph.D., Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute
Molecular clocks, marine geminate species and research in Panama
- February 9–Christina Preston, Ph.D., MBARI
Towards a better understanding of marine bacterioplankton dynamics
- February 16–Sheila Patek,
Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley
Fierce forces and stunning speeds: Biomechanics of the mantis shrimp's strike
- March 9–Joe Needoba, Ph.D., MBARI
Implementation of the Land/Ocean Biogeochemical Observatory in Elkhorn Slough, California
* All seminars are at 3:00 p.m. in the
unless noted otherwise.
The seminar schedule is subject to change.
Visit this web page for the latest information.