Fall Seminars 2005*
- September 7–Lionel Wilson, Ph.D.,
Factors controlling the styles of volcanic eruptions
- September 21–Leslie Sautter, Ph.D., College of Charleston
The Transect Program: Metamorphosis of undergraduate students into ocean scientists
- October 5–John Colosi , Ph.D., Naval Postgraduate School
Acoustical sensing of the ocean environment
- Postponed - new date to be determined –Deirdre Meldrum, Ph.D., University of Washington
Life-on-a-chip for multiparameter analysis of microbial populations
- November 2–DAVID PACKARD DISTINGUISHED LECTURER
David M. Karl, Ph.D., University of Hawaii
Microbial Oceanography: Its scope, challenges, and opportunities
- November 9–Larry Langebrake, University of South Florida, Center for Ocean Technology
Autonomous sensors for marine research and maritime homeland security
- December 7–Monica Medina , Ph.D., University of California
Phylogenomics and functional genomics of scleractinian corals
- December 14 –Nicola Muscettola , Ph.D., NASA Ames Research Center
Using planning to control autonomous systems: experiences with autonomous rovers
*This seminar will be held at 12:00pm in the Pacific Forum
* All seminars are at 3:00 p.m. in the Pacific Forum;
unless noted otherwise.
The seminar schedule is subject to change.
Visit this web page for the latest information.