AUV CTD time series measurements
Project Manager and Lead Engineer: Hans Thomas
Lead Scientist: Francisco Chavez
Science and platform development goals for this continuing project have been split into separate proposals this year. Science goals—outlined here—are now a combined effort of the Chavez, Haddock, Johnson, and Ryan labs. Developments proposed for 2005 will be covered by the AUV Marine Operations proposal.
- Occupy three shelf/canyon transects in Monterey Bay on two consecutive nights every three weeks
- Perform adaptive and rapid response sampling, as needed, to examine the tidal flushing of the canyon and adjacent shelves, possible aliasing of data sets due to tides, and to support other intensive experiments in Monterey Bay.
Data flow and analysis
- Enhance the capability to retrieve AUV data from within SSDS.
- Define and produce routine data products for all data acquired.
- Analyze AUV ADCP data.
- Describe Monterey Bay properties along sections.
- Examine tidal flushing and spatial aliasing of data.
- Present results at national meetings.