We have extensively adapted and successfully deployed two laser Raman spectrometers for geochemical studies in the deep ocean. We describe here the development of the instrumentation (DORISS/DORISS2/PUP/SAP) and some of the initial research that has been accomplished during development of these instruments.
- Project Team Members
- Instrument Development
- DORISS - Deep Ocean Raman In Situ Spectrometer
- DORISS2 - Our 2nd generation Deep Ocean Raman In Situ Spectrometer
- PUP - Precision Underwater Positioner
- SAP - Single-Axis PUP
- Some Results from our Initial Research Applications
- Peer Reviewed Publications
- Presentations at National & International Meetings
- Technical Reports
- Related Research: Ocean Chemistry of the Greenhouse Gases
- Barkley Canyon Expedition
- CO2 Hydration Kinetics
- Links to Other Related Research
Next: Project Team MembersQuestions? Comments? Please contact Edward Peltzer.