Environmental Sample Processor (2G)
During the development of the ESP, several iterations were necessary until we had a stable, working instrument. We call this instrument the Second-Generation ESP or 2G ESP.
2G ESP system architecture
There are three major components of the 2G ESP:
The ESP core
- Provides power, reagents, and data/control communications
- Collects small to moderate sized samples (from milliliters to two liters)
- Performs automated sample processing, sample archival, and real-time probe array analyses (sandwich hybridization arrays and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays).
- Custom analytical devices fitted to the core ESP
- Take the sample collected and processed by the core and can perform analyses where small sample volumes dominate (microliters to milliliters)
- Currently performing quantitative-PCR
External sampling modules
- Meet specialized sampling requirements posed by deep-water environments.
- Provide for large sample volume concentration (up to two liters).