Ocean Observing Resources
- Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI)
Focuses on the science, technology, education and outreach of an emerging network of science driven ocean observing systems.
- U.S. Integrated Ocean Observing System (IOOS)
National office for integrated and sustaineed ocean observations that includes eleven regional centers.
- Global Ocean Observing System (GOOS)
A permanent global system for observations, modelling and analysis of marine and ocean variables to support operational ocean services worldwide.
- Gulf of Maine Ocean Observing System (GoMOOS)
Delivering information to solve problems, predict events and better understand the Gulf of Maine.
- Pacific Coast Ocean Observing System (PaCOOS)
Providing ocean information for the sustained use of the California Current Large Marine Ecosystem under a changing climate.
- CORMP—Coastal Ocean Research and Monitoring Program
- Cape Fear River Basin Monitoring Coalition’s Water Quality Data
- Neuse River Estuary Modeling and Monitoring Project (ModMon)
- North Carolina Coastal Ocean Observing System (NCCOOS)
- Carolinas RCOOS—Regional Coastal Ocean Observing System
- Army Corps of Engineers— Field Research Facility
- Google Earth— http://www.google.com/earth/index.html (must download and install if you don’t already have it installed)
- Cornell Notes— http://coe.jmu.edu/LearningToolbox/cornellnotes1.html
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI)— https://www.mbari.org/mars/
- ERMA: Environmental Response Management Application (ORR)
- ERMA in the Gulf with Deepwater Horizon Spill— http://gomex.erma.noaa.gov/erma.html
- Chesapeake Bay Fieldscope— http://chesapeake.fieldscope.org/