CritterCam & Oceans for Life
Overview of Oceans for Life
- To link oceanography with geography - the study of the oceans with the study of the Earth - a key step on the path to "ocean literacy"
- To promotes the synergy between two disciplines, inviting science and social-studies teachers to cross-promote their curriculum
- To identify the "scope" of ocean content that should be taught in our schools
- To 'map' these topics into the National Geography Standards
- To provide teachers with the tools to include ocean content in their classrooms.
An ocean literate person understands:
www.nationalgeographic.com/crittercam - CritterCam
www.nationalgeographic.com/seas - Oceans for Life lessons that link to the topics covered in the Ocean Literacy effort
interactive video component in development right now.
Immense levels of knowledge as you go deeper and deeper