In order to access BOG data through MSQuery and MSExcel you must define the data source on your computer.
First you must establish ODBC connectivity. See the web page for instructions.
1. Establishing your data source is very easy. Open the control panel, select ODBC Data Sources. This will open the ODBC Data Source Administrator. Select the 'File DSN' tab' and click the 'Add' button. The Create New Data Source window will open. Select the SQL Server driver and click the Next button.
2. Use the name 'BOG' for your data source name. Use capital letters.
3. Click on the finish button, this will take you to a new window where you will add the SQL server information.
4. Select the server 'SOLSTICE'
5, Select 'With Windows authentication using a network login.
6. Check the 'Change the default database to:' box and select the 'BOG' database.
7.Accept the default selections on this window and click on the Finish button.
8. The wizard will show you your configurations. Click on the OK button.
9. You will see the following screen. Click on the OK button. This will complete your configuration.
10. In MSQuery you will have to point to your data sources. If BOG does not show up in your list, click on the 'Options' button
11. Your data sources should be in the directory 'c:\program files\common files\odbc\data sources\' If your files are not located in that directory you may have to use the EXPLORER find function to locate the files. Search for '*.dsn'.