Training videos (mp4) for the Biological Ocean Group's cruise sample collection and processing. To view these videos you will need QuickTime, download
- Introduction: Biological Oceanography cruisework at MBARI. (4.7mb)
- Cruise preparation: Gear, transport, shipboard lab setup. (23.6mb)
- On Station: Preparation, CTD and rosette, Niskin water sampling, seasickness. (51.4mb)
- Sample processing: Chlorophyll. (77mb)
- Sample processing: Primary production. (153.7mb)
- Sample processing: Minor samples. (92.4mb)
- Summary (19.3mb)
- Photo gallery
Additional information and results
Questions regarding the cruise training video may be directed to T. Pennington.
If you have comments regarding the Biological Ocean Group's web pages you are welcome to contact us through our group's webmaster, reiko at mbari.org.
MBARI provides data "as is", with no warranty, express or implied, of the quality or consistency. Data are provided without support and without obligation on the part of the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute to assist in its use, correction, modification, or enhancement.