2017 MBARI Summer Internship Program
Open to undergraduate and graduate students and educators
June 5 – August 11, 2017
STIPEND AND HOUSING:
$600/week for 10 weeks; partial travel support may be available.
Housing costs are not included; however, MBARI will try to help arrange shared housing for all interested interns.
- The application period for the 2017 internship program will open in late November with applications due by February 13, 2017.
- Applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation
- Applicants must complete the online supplemental information form.
- The cover letter should include a statement of your specific research interests, complete contact information, relevant coursework, and grades received. Potential project descriptions are posted online and applicants must indicate project preferences in their cover letters.
- Application materials (including letters of recommendation) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emails should have a subject line of “Last name, First name: Documents” (e.g., Smith, Jane: CV and cover letter).
- All application materials, including cover letters, should be sent as attachments to the email and not in the body of the email. PDF documents are preferred, though we will accept other formats.
- If letters of recommendation are being sent to us directly from the author, please ask the author to include your name in the subject line (e.g., Smith, Jane: Letter of recommendation).
- Deadline: All materials must be received by February 13, 2017.
- Selected candidates will be contacted by mid-March.
- If you do not have access to email, materials can be submitted via fax (831) 775-1620, or mailed to:
ATTN: George Matsumoto
7700 Sandholdt Road
Moss Landing, CA 95039
- General internship information
- Email: George Matsumoto, mage at mbari dot org