MBARI 2016 Summer Internship Program
Applications for Summer 2016 ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED.
Open to undergraduate and graduate students (including recent graduates) and educators.
June 6 – August 12, 2016
STIPEND AND HOUSING:
Approximately $550/week for 10 weeks; partial travel support may be available.
Housing costs are not included; however, MBARI will try to help arrange shared housing for all interested interns.
- Applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation
- Applicants must complete the online supplemental information form.
- The cover letter should include a statement of your specific research interests and/or goals, complete contact information, and relevant coursework and grades received.
- The cover letter must also state which project you are most interested in this summer.
- Emails should have a subject line of “Last name, First name: Documents” (E.g., Smith, Jane: CV and cover letter)
- All application materials, including cover letters, should be sent as attachments to the email and not in the body of the email. PDF documents are preferred, though we will accept other formats.
- Application materials (including letters) can be sent to MBARI via fax (831-775-1620), regular post, or by email. If you opt for an email application, please send your materials directly to email@example.com.
- If letters of recommendation are being sent to us directly from the author, please ask the author to include your name in the subject line. (E.g., Smith, Jane: Letter of recommendation) and use firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED
- Selected candidates will be contacted by early March.
- If you do not have access to email, materials can be submitted via fax (831) 775-1620, or mailed to:
ATTN: George Matsumoto
7700 Sandholdt Road
Moss Landing, CA 95039
- Visit: MBARI Internship Program for more general information
- Email: George Matsumoto, mageATmbari.org if you have any questions (replace AT with @).